The Village has established zoning rules pursuant to authority granted by the State of Wisconsin Statutes. Zoning rules have been adopted for the following reasons:
- Protecting the public health, safety, morals, comfort, convenience, and general welfare;
- Implementing the Comprehensive Plan to the extent possible under zoning;
- Controlling and lessening congestion in the streets;
- Securing safety from fire, panic and other dangers;
- Promoting adequate light and air;
- Encouraging the protection of natural resources;
- Preventing the overcrowding of land and undue concentration of population;
- Preserving and enhancing property values;
- Facilitating adequate transportation, water, sewage disposal, parks, and other public facilities;
- Promoting high quality and lasting urban design;
- Managing growth and the impacts of land development.
Zoning Map and Districts
The Village has divided all lands within its boundaries into zoning districts. This division can be viewed on the Village's Zoning Map.